The 2024 AHA Institutional Research Enhancement Award (AIREA) funded by the American Heart Association (AHA) supports small-scale research projects related to cardiovascular diseases and brain health at educational institutions that provide baccalaureate or advanced degrees but that have not been major recipients of NIH support. The award supports any part of the full range of basic, clinical and population research and development.
The goals of the program are to:
- support meritorious research,
- expose students to research,
- strengthen the research environment of the institution.
The award provides 77,000 USD/year for up to 2 years, including 10% indirect costs. Budget items may include:
- salary and fringe of the principal investigator, any collaborating investigators, and other participants with faculty appointments
- salaries of technical personnel essential to the conduct of the project
- volunteer subject costs
- publication costs
Applications open on July 3, 2023 and close on September 14, 2023.