The AACR-Debbie’s Dream Foundation Career Development Award for Gastric Cancer Research is funded by the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) together with Debbie's Dream Foundation to support junior faculty working on gastric cancer worldwide. The research proposed for funding may be basic, translational, clinical, or epidemiological in nature and must have direct applicability and relevance to gastric cancer. At the start of the grant term on July 2023, applicants must:
- Hold a faculty position with the title of assistant professor, instructor, research assistant professor, or the equivalent.
- Have completed their most recent doctoral degree within the past 11 years from the start of the grant term (the formal date of receipt of doctoral degree is the date the degree was conferred, as indicated on their diploma and/or transcript).
- Have independent laboratory space as confirmed by their institution.
- Work at an academic, medical, or research institution anywhere in the world.
- There are no geographical or citizenship requirements, but the applicant must have the legal right to work in the country of their research institution for the duration of the Award.
- Be active AACR members.
The Award provides 200,000 USD over a period of 2 years for the recipient´s salary + benefits and/or non-personnel expenses (no indirect expenses).
Applications are due January 19, 2023.
January 19, 2023