The Addressing age-related issues of hearing and/or vision through healthcare technologies research grant from The Dunhill Medical Trust support UK-based researchers working age-related hearing and/or vision challenges. Specifically, this grant support research proposals which aim to test and/or scale-up healthcare technologies specifically to address age-related issues of hearing and/or vision in the following areas:
- Improving prediction and/or diagnosis.
- Improving prevention and/or treatment.
- Improving psychological wellbeing and/or the ability to carry out activities of daily living.
- Reducing inequities in diagnosis, treatment and/or access to care and support.
The amount of funding depends on the funding type:
- Proof of concept - up to 100,000 GBP for 2 years
- Project grant - up to 400,000 GBP for 3 years
- PhD studentship (clinical / non-clinical) - up to 300,000 GBP for up to 6 years
- Postdoctoral fellowship (clinical / non-clinical) - up to 500,000 GBP
The Trust does not cover indirect costs but successful applicants are eligible for support from the Charity Research Support Fund (CRSF) to cover indirect costs. Applications are due on July 21, 2023.
July 21, 2023