The Breast Cancer Research Foundation-AACR NextGen Grants for Transformative Cancer Research is funded by the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) together with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation supports highly innovative research from young investigators. This grant mechanism is intended to promote and support creative, paradigm-shifting cancer research that may not be funded through conventional channels. It is expected that these grants will catalyze significant scientific discoveries and help talented young investigators gain scientific independence. Applicants must have a doctoral degree (PhD, MD, MD/PhD, or equivalent) in a related field and not currently be a candidate for a further doctoral degree. At the start of the grant term on July 1, 2023 applicants must:
- Hold a tenure-eligible appointment (or equivalent, if institution does not follow a tenure system) at the rank of assistant professor
- appointments such as research assistant professor, adjunct assistant professor, assistant professor research track, visiting professor, or instructor are not eligible. Applicants that have progressed to associate professor appointments are also not eligible
- Have held a tenure-eligible assistant professor appointment for no more than three years
- cannot have held a tenure-eligible appointment prior to July 1, 2020
- Work at an academic, medical, or research institution anywhere in the world
- Be an active AACR member
The Award provides 450,000 USD over a period of 3 years for salaries + benefits and/or non-personnel expenses, and indirect expenses.
Letters of intent are due January 23, 2023 and invited full applications are due April 17, 2023.
April 17, 2023