The Capacity Building in International Dementia Research Program from the Alzheimer's Association supports capacity building for scientific investigation within institutions located in Low- and Middle-Income countries (LMIC) where prior research funding has been received, but barriers to sustainability exist. Applicants are encouraged to consider work that traditional research sponsors may not fund. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Developing or expanding training programs Creating or adapting culturally appropriate research tools
- Collecting normative data Engaging in community outreach activities to raise awareness and bolster recruitment
- Supporting personnel who enable sustainable research including statisticians, laboratory managers, technicians, research administrators, and database analysts Building research databases
- Arranging for investigators to have protected time for research
- Organizing workshops around specific research skills such as grant writing and statistical methods
- Providing translation and proof-reading services
- Coordinating training and workshops for institutional personnel in topics that bolster research infrastructure, such as grant submission, research administration and laboratory skills.
Applications are open to US-based researchers and those working in low and middle-income economies. The grant provides 250,000 USD (including 10% indirect costs) over 3 years.
Letters of intent are due on August 2, 2023. Invited full applications are due on December 15, 2023.
December 15, 2023