The Understanding Chronic Conditions Understudied Among Women (R01 Clinical Trial Optional) research grant funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) supports R01 applications on chronic conditions understudied among women and/or that disproportionately affect populations of women who are understudied, underrepresented, and underreported in biomedical Research. Applications are open to researchers in the USA. This research grant seeks to address:
- Discover basic biological differences between females and males.
- Investigate the influence of sex and gender on disease prevention, presentation, management, and outcomes.
- Identify the immediate, mid-, and long-term effects of exposures on health and disease outcomes.
- Promote research that explores the influence of sex and gender on the connection between the mind and body, and its impact on health and disease.
- Expand research on female-specific conditions and diseases, including reproductive stages, and maternal and gynecologic health.
The grant covers direct costs of up to $350,000 over a 4-year period.
Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) Number: RFA-OD-23-014
Letters of intent are due on May 20, 2024 and full applications are due on June 20, 2024.
June 20, 2024