This opportunity is currently closed.
Sign up for Content alerts to stay informed when this or related funding opportunities are posted.
Developmental pathway funding scheme: stage one (UK | therapeutics, medical devices, diagnostics)
The Developmental pathway funding scheme: stage one from the Medical Research Council (MRC) UK supports the development and testing of novel therapeutics, medical devices, diagnostics and other interventions. Applicants may apply for novel:
- candidate therapeutic entities (for example, drug discovery)
- vaccines for infectious or non-infectious disease
- biologics (antibodies, peptides, proteins)
- advanced therapeutics (for example, gene therapy and T-cell therapy)
- regenerative medicine approaches
- repurposing clinical studies or using existing therapies for new indications
- medical devices
- digital healthcare, app development or artificial intelligence
- diagnostics (including biomarker validation)
- medical imaging technology
- surgical techniques or tools
- behavioural and psychological interventions
- radiotherapy and radiation protocols
- interventions that benefit health in low and middle-income countries
There is no limit on the amount of funding but it should be appropriate to the project. Application rounds close every March, July and November.
The next applications close on November 22, 2023.