The Exploratory Interdisciplinary Synergy Programme 2023 from the Novo Nordisk Fonden supports innovative research teams to solve complex challenges in health and sustainablity. The goals of the Exploratory Interdisciplinary Synergy Programme are to:
- Enable creative and novel, high-risk/high-gain interdisciplinary research
- Provide long-term support of such novel interdisciplinary research ideas
- Stimulate an emerging interdisciplinary research culture that spans across scientific disciplines and techniques
- Break down or overcome the barriers that exist between the different disciplines
- Strengthen and internationalize Danish research
The programme supports exploration of un-tested, high-risk/high-gain ideas. The project period will support establishing pilot data providing basis for continuing into a more complex and expanded project stage. The proposed projects must be relevant to health and sustainability. The main applicant should be at least 50% associated to a Danish university, hospital or other non-profit research organisation that will be considered the host institution of the project. Applicants may apply for up to 5 million DKK for up to 3 years.
Applications close on August 31, 2023.