This opportunity is currently closed.
Sign up for Content alerts to stay informed when this or related funding opportunities are posted.
Falling Walls Science Breakthroughs of the Year 2023 (science startups)
The Falling Walls Science Breakthroughs of the Year 2023 is supported by the Falling Walls Foundation to recognize innovative start-ups that have translated breakthrough scientific thinking into promising business models.
- Falling Walls Venture is open to start-ups that are based on scientific research.
- Falling Walls Venture is open to all scientific disciplines (e.g. biotech, data & AI, cleantech, new materials, engineering, healthcare, food & agriculture).
- Each start-up must be endorsed by a nominating institution. This can be a university,a research institution, or another type of organization, like an accelerator or incubator.
- The company must be founded (incorporated) by the time you apply and cannot be older than 5 years (i.e. founded on or after 1 January 2018).
- Start-ups and start-up representatives who have already participated in the Falling Walls Venture Pitches in Berlin are not eligible to participate again.
- Start-ups should already have a prototype/proof of concept and primary funding.
Self-nominations are allowed. The Winners will be invited to present their startups on stage at the Falling Walls Science Summit during November 7-9, 2023 in Berlin, Germany. Invited startups will have an opportunity to establish a strong professional network with internationally recognized, top decision-makers, innovators, and emerging talents from different disciplines.
Nomination deadline extended to May 15, 2023.
May 15, 2023