The Machine Learning in the Chemical Sciences and Engineering from The Camille & Henry Dreyfus Foundation is a multi-purpose grant to support the adoption of machine learning / data science approaches in chemical sciences and engineering. The funding may be used for, but not limited to, education, research, postdoctoral training, or scientific exchange. Some examples include:
- molecular synthesis, including mechanisms, techniques, and applications
- theory, computation, physical properties of molecules or materials
- rates and mechanisms of new chemical processes
- new or improved materials and materials applications
- postdoctoral support for collaborations that combine chemical science research with ML expertise
- collaborative sabbaticals, extended visits, and meetings
- education, e.g., new courses, seminar series, MOOCs,…
- public libraries of chemistry and chemical engineering data for use in ML
Applicants must be based at academic institutions in the USA that grant a bachelor’s or higher degree in the chemical sciences. Funding is proposal-dependent and ranges from 50,000 - 150,000 USD. Applications close on April 6, 2023.
This program is no longer accepting applications.
April 6, 2023