The Multiple PhD Studentships provided by The Dunhill Medical Trust support experienced PhD supervisors within academic departments/centres at a UK university with funding to recruit and educate PhD students. The academic departments/centres must have the appropriate capacity, research record and governance arrangements to ensure that the research will be carried out in an appropriate manner and in a supportive environment. Applications to this scheme must address one or more of the following priority research themes:
- Improving our understanding of the underlying mechanisms of ageing and age-related disease;
- Targeting the social determinants of healthy life expectancy;
- Improving the quality of life for older people, in particular;
- in developing and delivering suitable living environments;
- addressing issues of age-related vision, hearing and oral health;
- Preventing, delaying or reducing future health and social care requirements, in particular, improving the ability to maintain functional independence for older adults.
A maximum of £200k is available to support cohorts of PhD students, either on a full-time (three- to four-year) or part-time (up to six- to-eight year) basis.
Applications close on July 21, 2023.
July 21, 2023