The NIHR Doctoral Fellowship from the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) supports PhD students based in the UK interested in pursuing an advanced degree in health and social care research. The NIHR is partnering with a number of charities in Round 11 to offer joint Doctoral Fellowships including Moorfields Eye Charity, Motor Neurone Disease Association, Diabetes UK and Wellbeing of Women. To be eligible, applicants must be based in the UK and:
- Have completed any relevant pre-registration training (for clinical applicants).
- Have completed a first degree (for non-clinical applicants).
- Have a proposed host who is an HEI, NHS body, social care organisation, or other provider of health and/or care services.
- Be intending to register for and complete a PhD.
- Where already registered for a PhD (or MPhil with transfer to PhD), you should not have been registered for more than 12 months at 100% WTE by the time the award starts.
The award provides a stipend for 3 years.
Applications close on February 1, 2024.
February 1, 2024