NIHR Doctoral Fellowship (UK health research)
The NIHR Doctoral Fellowship from the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) supports PhD students based in the UK interested in pursuing an advanced degree in health and social care research. The NIHR is partnering with Diabetes UK, Moorfields Eye Charity and Wellbeing of Women to offer joint Doctoral Fellowships as part of Round 9. To be eligible, applicants must be based in the UK and:
- Have completed any relevant pre-registration training (for clinical applicants).
- Have completed a first degree (for non-clinical applicants).
- Have a proposed host who is an HEI, NHS body, social care organisation, or other provider of health and/or care services.
- Be intending to register for and complete a PhD.
- Where already registered for a PhD (or MPhil with transfer to PhD), you should not have been registered for more than 12 months at 100% WTE by the time the award starts.
The award provides a stipend for 3 years. The application closes on February 2, 2023.
Intended for: Doctoral students
Sign in with your free account to see important eligibility criteria, including research location, citizenship, legal working rights and deadline/s.