Prader-Willi Research Grant
The Prader-Willi Research Grant from the Foundation for Prader-Willi Research (FPWR) provides funding for innovative, high risk/high reward research addressing Prader-Willi syndrome. Current funding priorities are given to:
- Genotype to phenotype: understanding PWS genetics / how the loss of PWS-critical region genes leads to the phenotype
- Neurobiology of hunger/feeding behavior in PWS
- Neurobiology of cognitive deficits, maladaptive behavior, and mental illness in PWS
- Clinical care research: evaluation of existing drugs and interventions to improve health and quality of life in PWS
- Therapeutics development for PWS- Genetic therapies; novel pharmaceuticals; drug repurposing for PWS
Applicants worldwide must have a primary faculty appointment at the level of Instructor or above. Funding of up to 100,000 USD per year in direct costs for up to 2 years is available. Applicants may apply for up to 8% in indirect costs funding.
Autumn 2022 application round: letters of intent are due September 9, 2022; full applications are due November 18, 2022.
Challenge: Rare Diseases
Create or sign in to your free account for more functionalities, including a full display of the eligibility criteria such as location and citizenship requirements.