This opportunity is currently closed.
Sign up for Content Alerts to stay informed when this or related funding opportunities are posted.
Science by Women (African female researchers in Spain)
The Science by Women program is supported by the Fundación Mujeres por África | Women for Africa Foundation and facilitates the research training and academic development of female researchers from Africa. The program supports 22 senior women researchers in Africa to take part in a 6-months fellowship at various academic and research centers in Spain, including:
- BioCruces Bizkaia Health Research Institute (BC)
- Deusto Institute of Technology (DeustoTech)
- Donostia International Physics Center (DIPC)
- Vall d´Hebron Institut de Recerca (VHIR)
- Institute of Photonic Sciences (ICFO)
- Basque Center for Macromolecular Design and Engineering POLYMAT Fundazioa
- The Basque Center for Applied Mathematics – BCAM
- PLOCAN (Oceanic Platform of the Canary Islands)
- IAC (Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias)
- Biomedical and Health Research Institute (IUIBS)
- Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona – ICMAB
- Spanish National Center of Biotechnology (CNB)
- Institute of Health Carlos III (ISCIII)
- Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO)
- Institute of Mathematical Sciences (ICMAT)
- Centre for Genomics Regulation (CRG)
- Spanish National Center for Cardiovascular Research (CNIC)
- The Institute of Environmental Science and Technology at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (ICTA -UAB)
- Institute for Neuroscience (IN)
- Material Physics Center – (MPC-CFM)
Applicants must have at least 3 years of postdoctoral experience, are currently based at an academic/research institution in Africa, and are African nationals. The program provides a monthly stipend of 2400 EUR for 6 months and return airfare travel. Applications close on September 30, 2022.
Challenge: SDG4 - Quality Education
Create or sign in to your free account for more functionalities, including a full display of the eligibility criteria such as location and citizenship requirements.