This opportunity is currently closed.
Sign up for Content alerts to stay informed when this or related funding opportunities are posted.
Quantifying the Socio-Economic Burden of Disease for Dermatology Patients and Caregivers
The Quantifying the Socio-Economic Burden of Disease for Dermatology Patients and Caregivers research grant from Pfizer supports research quantifying the socio-economic burden of disease in atopic dermatitis, alopecia areata and/or vitiligo patients and their caregivers / with a goal of understanding if the current level of healthcare system resources matches the patient need. Applications are open to researchers at research institutions in Australia, Canada, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Austria, Belgium/Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Czech Republic and Slovakia.
The socio-economic burden includes but is not limited to such costs as
- Time away from work or school for the patient or their caregivers
- Out of pocket expenditures for treatment or services
- Use of mental health services or treatments / absenteeism due to disease-related anxiety or depression
- Loss of academic or career opportunities
- Other quality-of-life impacts.
Applicants may apply for up to 75,000 USD for 1 year (including up to 28% overheads).
Applications are due on June 27, 2023.