The Accelerating Advancements in Women’s Health grant from Pfizer and Myovant Sciences supports researchers in the USA working on women's health. Specifically, the grant supports studies that address Relugolix Combination Therapy [Rel-CT], including:
- Rel-CT as preoperative therapy and/or for surgery avoidance
- Rel-CT effect on uterine fibroids prior to surgical intervention (e.g.: alteration of dissection planes in myomectomy, fibroid shrinkage, etc.)
- Rel-CT in conjunction with surgery
- Rel-CT in patients with infertility
- Rel-CT and health-related quality of life (HRQOL), patient-reported outcomes (PROs), or patient satisfaction in estrogen-driven diseases
- Examination of patient preference and health disparities on medical vs surgical options for management of UF/EM
- Rel-CT and UF- or EM-related healthcare utilization including but not limited to hospitalizations, office visits, emergency department visits, cost to patients, and absenteeism
- Rel-CT and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)
- Rel-CT and female sexual dysfunction
- Rel-CT for heavy menstrual bleeding of idiopathic etiology (excludes uterine fibroids, endometriosis, and adenomyosis)
- Rel-CT use in perimenopausal patients
- Rel-CT for pelvic pain of idiopathic etiology
- Rel-CT for induction of amenorrhea
The applicant (PI) must have a medical or postdoctoral degree (MD, DO, PhD, or equivalent), an advanced nursing degree (BSN with a MS/PhD or DNP), or a degree in Pharmacy (PharmD), Physician Associate (PA), Physiotherapy, or Social Work. Applicant must be affiliated with a host institution in the USA.
The grant provides ca. 200,000 USD for up to 18 months (including 28% institutional overheads).
Letters of intent are due on June 20, 2023. Invited full applications are due in September 2023.
September 1, 2023