The A*STAR Research Internship Award (ARIA) from the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) provides Singaporean undergraduates in the country or in overseas universities an immersive research experience through an internship project. The ability to qualify for credit-bearing internships is subject to meeting the criteria from the respective faculties/departments in the university.
The broad main fields of research covered by the Award include: Computer and Information Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering and Technology. Interdisciplinary research is encouraged in all categories regardless of applicant's previous research experience and background.
- Minimum internship duration is 16 weeks (during semester) or 12 weeks (during vacation), subject to university’s minimum internship duration requirements
- Singaporean undergraduates (≥ 2nd yr) in computing and information science, engineering and technology, physical sciences, or biomedical/life/food sciences
- On track to obtain at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours Degree or equivalent
- Have strong interest in a research career
- Have not previously been awarded an ARIA internship
Successful ARIA awardees will receive a monthly allowance ranging from $1600 to $2000 SGD.
ARIA application is open all year round. Applicants may submit as early as 6 months before your school internship portal application window opens.