The Science of Human Appearance Career Development Award from the Dermatology Foundation supports individuals who wish to understand the cell and molecular mechanisms of altered human appearance or of therapeutic interventions. Applicants must be based in the USA and:
- hold an M.D.; M.D., Ph.D.; Ph.D.; or D.O. degree
- M.D. applicant must have completed a U.S. dermatology residency program
- Ph.D. applicant must have completed at least 2 years post-doctoral training
- M.D. applicant must have a strong laboratory collaborator. Ph.D. must have a strong connection with an M.D. conducting appearance work
- High level of interest in the science of human skin appearance
The Awards provides salary support at 55,000 USD/year. Career development awards may be renewed annually for up to a total of three years of funding.
Applications close on October 16, 2023.
October 16, 2023