Research Grant (arts | Singapore)
The Research Grant from the National Arts Council (NAC) Singapore supports academics, researchers, artists and non-profit arts organisations to carry out research projects, specifically the preservation and documentation of arts practices in Singapore.
Priority will be given to research in the following areas, subject to fulfillment of other grant criteria and overall merit of the proposal:
- Research and documentation on the history and/or development of artistic practices in Singapore, including but not limited to traditional arts and arts in communities
- Measuring the social and economic impact of the arts on people, communities and spaces
- Understanding and growing audiences at every life stage
- Arts and technology
- Supporting and promoting excellence in the arts sector
- Policies and practices that positively shape arts development in the areas of:
- Building financial sustainability
- Manpower and human resources
- Arts education
- Infrastructural development and place-making
- Internationalisation and cultural export
For individuals, the grant is up to $50,000 SGD. For organisations, the grant is up to $100,000 SGD per financial year. The grant is provided for a maximum period of two years.
Application deadline is May 17, 2024.
May 17, 2024