This opportunity is currently closed.
Sign up for Content alerts to stay informed when this or related funding opportunities are posted.
Place-based approaches to sustainable living: outline stage (UK)
The Place-based approaches to sustainable living: outline stage research grant from the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) supports research place-based approaches for an environmentally sustainable future and support evidence-based decision making.
Desired outcomes of the project include:
- enhanced understanding of environmental challenges and solutions from a place-based perspective to develop findings, tools and theories, which can be applied by local and national policymakers, communities and practitioners
- co-produced solutions or enhanced understanding of place-based approaches for a sustainable future
The principal investigator for this funding opportunity must be based at an organisation eligible for ESRC funding for the duration of the grant.
Eligible organisations are:
- UK higher education institutions
- research council institutes
- UK Research and Innovation approved independent research organisations
- public sector research establishments
- NHS bodies with research capacity
Co-investigators from business, third sector or government can be included in research applications. We encourage active collaboration between UK researchers and those in other countries, and co-investigators based in overseas research organisations can be included through our international co-investigators policy.
The full economic cost (FEC) of the project can be up to £2 million and last for up to five years. ESRC funds 80% FEC.
Applications are due July 13, 2023.