The Postdoctoral Fellowships for research within Industrial Biotechnology and Environmental Biotechnology from the Novo Nordisk Fonden provide funding for postdoctoral researchers working on industrial biotechnology and environmental biotechnology in Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, or Sweden). Focus areas include:
- Use or engineering of biological/biotechnological tools, systems or microorganisms for synthesis and production of valuable products (e.g., energy, fuels, chemicals, proteins, and materials)
- Development of technologies and processes for bioproduction
- Improvement of the efficiency and/or sustainability of biomanufacturing
- Use or engineering of biological/biotechnological tools, systems, or microorganisms to protect or improve the environment
- Understanding, protection, or manipulation of natural or industrial ecosystems in relation to application of biotechnology
- Data science to advance research within industrial or environmental biotechnology, including related ecosystems research
Funding of up to 800,000 DKK/year is available for up to 3 years for a total of up to 2.5 million DKK, including 5% indirect costs. An additional amount of up to DKK 100.000 can be included to cover costs related to research stays abroad exceeding 6 months. The proposed research must have a clear element of biotechnology, with scaling potential and contributing to productivity and sustainability.
Applications close on August 24, 2023.
August 24, 2023