The Research Grant on Early Detection and Pre-Neoplasia in Lung Cancer from the Lung Cancer Research Foundation (LCRF) supports lung cancer researchers worldwide. The research areas supported by the program include:
- Identification and characterization of new biomarkers for NSCLC and SCLC
- Liquid biopsy assays and related techniques
- Improvements in risk stratifying patients for screening
- Development of predictive, diagnostic, or prognostic biomarkers
- Genomic and histological approaches to improve early detection in tissue samples
- Novel imaging modalities to identify and risk stratify pre-neoplastic lesions
- Studies of pre-neoplasia and progression to lung neoplasia that may inform prevention strategies
- Development of pathways to increase uptake and utilization of lung cancer screening
Applications are open to post-doctoral researchers, clinical fellows, or early- and mid-career investigators with less than 10 years’ experience since their initial faculty appointment. Applicants may be based at universities and research institutions anywhere in the world. The grant provides 150,000 USD/year over 2 years and does not cover indirect costs.
Letters of intent are due on March 4, 2024 and invited full applications are due on June 10, 2024.
June 10, 2024