The Research Grants from the W. M. Keck Foundation supports researchers in the USA with pioneering discoveries in Science, Engineering, and Medical Research. The Foundation funds the high-risk and high-impact work of leading researchers to lay the groundwork for new paradigms, technologies, and discoveries. The proposed research projects should:
- focus on important and emerging areas of research
- have the potential to develop breakthrough technologies, instrumentation, or methodologies
- are innovative, distinctive, and interdisciplinary
- demonstrate a high level of risk due to unconventional approaches or challenge the prevailing paradigm
- have the potential for transformative impact
- fall outside the mission of public funding agencies
- demonstrate that that W. M. Keck Foundation support is essential to the project’s success
Grants range from 1 – 5 million USD.
Phase I applications are due on November 1, 2023. Invited full applications are due on February 15, 2024.