The Research and Training Workshops grants from the American Epilepsy Society (AES) support scientific conferences and workshops focused on epilepsy research and training. Proposed conferences or workshops should address important and timely topics in epilepsy research of interest to AES members. AES support may be used for speakers’ transportation and lodging, participation by junior investigators and trainees, publication of proceedings, and other direct costs, but AES funds may not be used for indirect costs.
Preference will be given to workshops that:
- have not previously or recently received an AES Research and Training Workshop grant.
- prioritize bringing a research community together to share recent findings, develop a grant proposal, develop a clinical guideline, or similar.
- include AES members as participants or attendees.
- that describe plans to support and encourage the participation of trainees and junior investigators.
- that allow open attendance rather than participation by invitation only. If open attendance is not feasible for the workshop being proposed, please include a brief explanation of how attendees will be selected.
- broadly disseminate workshop proceedings and other materials
Applications for workshops held outside the United States are generally expected to use AES funds to support participants from the United States, to the extent appropriate and feasible.
Applications close on October 25, 2023.