This opportunity is currently closed.
Sign up for Content alerts to stay informed when this or related funding opportunities are posted.
Seed Grant Program (pancreatic cancer USA)
The Seed Grant Program from the Hirshberg Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer Research supports basic and clinical pancreatic cancer scientists and investigators in the United States. The program funds research in the following areas: treatment/therapy, patient care, early diagnosis, detection, cancer biology, basic science, prevention/metabolism and research core facilities.
The program seeks:
- To provide start-up funding for basic scientists and clinicians who intend to test innovative ideas for improving diagnosis and to develop new treatment modalities for pancreatic cancer.
- To obtain preliminary data required for additional funding from other agencies for pancreatic cancer research.
- To impact on the understanding of pancreatic cancer cell biology, biochemistry, physiology, morphology and response to therapy.
- To establish collaborations within the field for mutual projects that can be considered for further funding.
- Hold a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree.
- Academic institutions of the U.S. and their investigators with the intent of developing a strong curriculum in pancreatic cancer research.
- All levels of academic faculty (assistant, associate and full professors).
- Research scientists and research associates with recommendations from their academic faculty supervisor(s).
- Postdoctoral fellows and young investigators after two years of completed training in pancreatic cancer research in any academic or private institution of the U.S.
- The Foundation expects that seed grant awards will generate quality abstracts, papers, presentations, as well as new proposals. The Foundation seeks and supports investigators whose primary intent is to build a strong curriculum in pancreatic cancer research.
The award provides 40,000 USD for 1 year (with possibility for renewal), and no indirect costs. Applications close on August 15, 2023.
August 15, 2023