The William Weston Career Development Award from the Pediatric Dermatology Research Alliance (PeDRA) supports one early career clinician-scientist to conduct innovative research under the direction of a senior mentor. Ultimately, the Weston CDA is expected to help position the recipient for a long-term career in the field with the potential to obtain funding from the Dermatology Foundation, NIH, or other agencies in the future.
- Must be a pediatric dermatologist residing in the United States or Canada
- Must be a current member of PeDRA and/or SPD with membership held at least one (1) year
- MD; DO; MD, PhD; or equivalent
- Must be a faculty member in a department/division of dermatology, or fellow with a letter of commitment to be on faculty during the award period.
- Must be an early career investigator, defined as being no more than seven (7) years out of training. Exceptions may be made for cases such as maternity leave or military service
- Must not be a recipient of another federally funded career development award. Those who have also applied for a Dermatology Foundation CDA are welcome to apply but will be ineligible for a Weston CDA if awarded a Dermatology Foundation CDA.
The award provides 40,000 USD over 2 years (direct costs only).
Applications are due on September 21, 2023.
September 21, 2023