World Bank Scholarships Program for Japanese Nationals
The World Bank Scholarships Program for Japanese Nationals supports Japanese mid-career professionals either admitted to, or currently enrolled in, a master or PhD program outside of Japan in an area of study related to development who are pursuing a career in international development. Applicants
- Must be a Japanese national;
- Hold a bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree, earned at least 3 years prior to the application deadline date;
- Prior to the application deadline, have at least 3 years of recent, full-time, paid employment acquired after receiving the first bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Not be an Executive Director or alternate, staff, consultant of the World Bank Group or close relative or in-law of the aforementioned at the time of the application;
- Not be employed by the Government of Japan or its related agencies at the time of application;
- Not have received any scholarship funds from the Government of Japan for graduate studies;
- Be currently enrolled in or for the upcoming academic year have by February 12, 2024 been unconditionally accepted (except for the condition of funding) into a master’s or PhD program focused on a development-related area at a
university outside Japan
The scholarship provides tuition, a monthly living stipend, air fare, and medical insurance for up to 2 years.
Applications are open February 12, 2024 to April 19, 2024.
April 19, 2024