Excellence & Innovation in Anti-Doping Science Grants Program
The Grants Program Supporting excellence & innovation in anti-doping science funded by the Partnership for Clean Competition (PCC) supports investigators worldwide working on anti-doping research. Current research priorities of the program are:
- Developing methods of cost-effective testing to detect and deter the use of banned and illegal substances.
- Developing testing protocols to detect designer substances used for doping purposes.
- Improving existing analytical methods to detect particular drugs, ex. GH, IGF-1, EPO, hCG.
- Developing analytical methods to detect performance enhancing drugs not currently detectable.
- Longitudinal urinary excretion patterns, metabolism and dose-concentration.
- Critical reviews to support interpretation of laboratory data.
- Alternative specimens, (ex. oral fluid, dried blood/plasma spots) for testing.
Amount of funding provided depends on the project proposal, on average, past projects have received 200,000 USD. There are three assessment rounds per year.
Letter of intents due dates: March 1, July 1, and November 1.
Full applications are due 30 days after the letters of intent, i.e. April 1, August 1, or December 1.