The John Kenney Jr., MD Lifetime Achievement Award and Lectureship from the American Academy of Dermatology Association recognizes outstanding dermatologists, who throughout their careers have been committed to improving the treatment of patients from underserved populations including skin of color patients. The selected lecturer will receive a cash award of $10,000 and present a lecture of approximately 30 minutes at the summer Innovation Academy’s Plenary session.
- The individual selected must be a dermatologist and member of the AAD.
- The recipient should be an acknowledged, expert clinician focused on improving access and outcomes in skin of color patients and under-served populations.
- The emphasis must be in selecting a person who has been a practicing clinical dermatologist (including dermatopathologists and dermatologic surgeons) regardless of their area of practice.
- The recipient should have a significant career of accomplishments and contributions to improving care for skin of color patients and/or underserved populations.
- The recipient must have proven communication skills.
Nominations close in June 2023.