The Inclusive Health Research Awards from Nature Awards seek to recognize and facilitate the development of new, diverse and sustainable health solutions. Applications are welcome in three main categories, including:
- Understanding needs and context
- Designing and conducting research
- Translating research to impact
Applications are open to the diverse stakeholders contributing to inclusive health research, including:
- Individual researchers, clinicians or research groups based at public or private institutions
- Patient advocacy and representative groups
- Health charities
- Health research funders
- Health research publishers
- Government departments
Applications from the following groups are particularly encouraged:
- Historically under-served patient groups and communities.
- Low- and middle-income countries (LMICs), i.e., countries identified by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) as having low-income or middle-income economies.
One prize will be awarded for each of the three categories and the prize consists of 20,000 EUR plus coverage on nature.com. Recipients agree to use the prize money to further inclusive health research. Applications close on January 6, 2023.