The Stryker/ORS Women’s Research Fellowship from the Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS) promotes women in science by providing an opportunity for a female or non-binary ORS member who is a recent PhD graduate in science or engineering to conduct research in the field of orthopaedic technology. Applicants should be within 4 years of receiving their degree. The Fellowship provides one year of support in the amount of up to $50,000 (no indirect costs).
Applicants must be:
- Female or non-binary
- Post-doc (less than 5 years after obtaining PhD). Must maintain post-doc status throughout the Fellowship (faculty members, MD’s/PhD’s are ineligible).
- Obtained a PhD in science or engineering
- Conducting research in a field that will advance orthopedic science and technology
- Affiliated with a US based non-profit, public or private institution of higher education, such as teaching hospitals, medical schools, universities, colleges or research institution (Awards may not be transferred outside the US.)
- Have a legal working status in the US. Must be a citizen or permanent resident or have a visa that extends beyond the fellowship. Please upload a copy of your visa
- Member of the ORS in good standing, or will apply for membership at the time of submission.
Letters of intent are due on June 15, 2023.
June 15, 2023