The Physician Scientist Career Development Award from the Dermatology Foundation supports the academic career of a physician scientist who is devoted to clinical dermatology, and assists in the transition from fellowship to established investigator. Applicants must be based in the USA and:
- hold an M.D.; M.D., Ph.D.; or D.O. degree
- completed training in a U.S. dermatology residency program
- have appropriate initial training in relevant research (i.e., a two- to three-year research fellowship or postdoctoral training)
- be clinically oriented investigator in the early stages of academic career
- demonstrates a strong commitment to skin research
The Awards provides salary support at 55,000 USD/year. Career development awards may be renewed annually for up to a total of three years of funding.
Applications close on October 16, 2023.
October 16, 2023