Connection Award (Canada | humanities and social sciences)
The Connection Award from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) of Canada recognizes an outstanding SSHRC-funded initiative that facilitates the flow and exchange of research knowledge within and/or beyond the social sciences and humanities research community. It is given to an individual or a team of six people maximum (including the nominee) whose initiative has engaged the campus and/or wider community, and has generated intellectual, cultural, social and/or economic impacts.
The award provides 50,000 CAD which must be used within one year to further develop the knowledge mobilization activity being recognized, or to support other research-related activities. At least 10% of the award funds must be used to promote the recipient’s research achievements.
A nominee must:
- be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, or a “protected person” under subsection 95(2) of Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, by the nomination deadline;
- be an active social sciences and humanities researcher or student;
- hold or have held SSHRC funding relevant to the award category;
- self nominations are not accepted;
- In the case of a team, the nominee must be the principal investigator.
Nomination deadline is April 1, 2024 (8 p.m. EST). If a deadline falls on a weekend or a public holiday in Ontario, the online application system stays open until 8 p.m. (EST) the next business day.
April 1, 2024