The Translational Research Program from the Jeffrey Modell Foundation supports innovative, translational research projects on primary immunodeficiency with the potential to lead to clinical applications. Research projects in the following areas are particularly encouraged:
- Novel primary immunodeficiency defects
- Innovative approaches to early diagnosis
- Novel therapeutic strategies
- Translational impact on patient health (i.e. how a patient will benefit)
- Reach of the proposed project (i.e. how many patients might benefit)
- Projects that currently do not have funding and would be otherwise difficult to advance without this award
Applications are open to primary immunodeficiency researchers at all career stages around the world. The Program provides up to 250,000 USD in funding for projects spanning up to 2 years.
Letters of intent are due on March 14, 2023 and invited full applications are due on July 6, 2023.