The Women's Research Mentorship Grant from the SIR Foundation supports women performing interventional radiology (IR) research and to expand the pipeline for medical students or residents to learn about IR research. SIR and SIR Foundation believe in promoting a culture of inclusion and strengthening the specialty of interventional radiology by providing opportunities for women to engage in all facets of healthcare research. Researchers are required to identify a medical student or trainee to apply jointly. There must be at least one woman among the recipients.
Faculty member requirements:
- Applicants must be a current member of the Society of Interventional Radiology
- Applicants must be trained interventional radiologists with an MD, DO or equivalent degree
- Applicants will be accepted from citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Canada.
- Applicants must be willing to engage and support a student or trainee for the duration of the summer research project.
- Applicants must be a current member of the Society of Interventional Radiology.
- Student or Trainee applicants must be actively enrolled and in good standing at an allopathic or osteopathic medical school or ACGME accredited training program, respectively, and must be available to be on site for the duration of the summer research project.
- Student or Trainee applicants must be identified and recommended by the researcher.
- Applications will be accepted from citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Canada.
The award provides up to 25,000 USD over 1 year, including up to 5000 USD in travel stipend.
Applications are due on January 15, 2024.
January 15, 2024