Visiting Professorships (UK institutions)

The funding scheme Visiting Professorships from the Leverhulme Trust enables UK institutions to invite eminent researchers from abroad to enhance the skills and knowledge of its staff and students. Funding of up to 150,000 GBP are available per application and visiting professors may stay for 3-12 months. Applications from all subject areas are encouraged, with the exception … Read more

Emmy Noether Programme (early career independent researchers in Germany)

The Emmy Noether Programme from the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) seeks to enable early career researchers to become eligible for professorship under the German academic system by leading a junior research group at a university. The Programme provides research funding for 6 years. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Proposals may be submitted at any … Read more

German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)

The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is Germany´s major funding organization for the international exchange of students and researchers. The DAAD provides grants and scholarships, supports the internationalization of German universities and promotes Germany through academic diplomacy around the world.

Heisenberg Programme (mid-career researchers in Germany)

The Heisenberg Programme from the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) provides funding for established researchers who meet the requirements for a permanent professorship in Germany. The funds enable the recipient to work at an institution of their choice while in preparation for a future senior academic role. The Programme provides salary and research funding for 5 years. … Read more

Gender Equality Grant (Swiss researchers)

The Gender Equality Grant grants from the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) provide additional support for female doctoral or postdoctoral researchers working on projects funded by the SNSF. An eligible applicant receives CHF 1000 per 12 months’ approved project running time. Applicants may apply at any time.

Initiation Grants for Internationalisation of Swedish Researchers

The Initiation Grants for Internationalisation from the Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education (STINT) are for researchers based at Swedish higher education institutions to form international collaborations with colleagues outside of the EU/EFTA and UK. Funds may be used for e.g. short or long-term exchange or organization of international workshops. Applications may be … Read more

BRIDGE Proof of Concept (Swiss research commercialization)

The BRIDGE Proof of Concept grants from the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) and Innosuisse – the Swiss Innovation Agency support students and postdocs in Switzerland who would like to develop their research into an application or service. Applicants who are PhD students should be completing their doctorate within the next 6 months or so; … Read more

The Society in Science

The Society in Science is a Switzerland-based foundation with the mission to take science beyond the mainstream. The Society funds the Branco Weiss Fellowship, which provides generous support for postdoctoral researchers worldwide to pursue innovative research. Up to 10 fellows are awarded each year with applications closing in January.

Research Grant (Sweden-based researchers)

The Research Grant from The Crafoord Foundation funds researchers in Sweden based at the following Swedish universities: Blekinge Institute of Technology Halmstad University Kristianstad University Linnaeus University Lund University Malmö University Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Alnarp Applicants may apply for funding of up to 1 million SEK/year for up to 4 years. Funds … Read more

Wellcome Career Development Awards (all disciplines)

The Wellcome Career Development Awards from the Wellcome Trust enable researchers working on human life, health and wellbeing from the perspective of any discipline, to lead their own research program. There are no citizenship restrictions but researchers must have sponsorship from eligible research institutions in the UK, Ireland or low-or-middle income countries (except for China and India). … Read more